• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoMiA.
  • Creator
    Topic

Lindberg kit which I have had for a while.   Parts are from the usual sources, RSSlot wheels, Darts inserts, BWA 050 motor, scratch chassis.  Runs well, quite smooth.  Added a oak strip bed for effect.  Kind of experimented on the paint, dark red first coat, sanded then red on top.  I was look for an aged look but not sure it came off :unsure: .

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Very nice looking truck Dave! A perfect Hotrod.

Love the colour too. It really sparkles. :good:

Looks great DB! …I recognize that kit… Cheers!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Great looking little truck Dave. Hope mine turns out as well. What did you use for the wood in the bed?

Thanks Michael, I used a few strips of thin unfinished oak veneer I had laying around.  Then used Minwax natural stain/varnish on it.  Cut it to size and glued to two cross pieces.  After I was happy with the fit I then used the Minwax, then just dropped it in.  It was a snug fit, so no need to glue into box.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but is the bed made from individual narrow strips glued together edge to edge or a couple of pieces scribed to look that way. Looking forward to seeing it when this current silliness is over. :yahoo:

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.