• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

This car was originally intended to be the #22 car that raced in the 1954 Carrera Panamericana.  I had prepared and printed the decals about 2 years ago along with the #21 for its sister car as a back up and then I placed it on my to do list.  A couple of months ago I had commissioned Ken to build a chassis for this car and during this process, I discovered that he too was working on building the same car.  Having printed decals for both models, I gave him the #22 set and finished the car as #21.

There are many photos of the #21 car as a model, but I was not able to uncover any of real McCoy.  Here is one of the photos of the model.

model 1

Here is my attempt.

There is some orange peel… the paint was completed a few years ago, the model was converted to a 250 Monza and the scratch built chassis switched to a new aluminium chassis.  One additional decal will be placed over the rear wheel well.  I did consider dunking it into super clean and starting from scratch agin but the front grill, windscreen and driver were already installed.  Some modifications were required to the air intake on the hood and the side openings.

The aluminium chassis built by Ken’s garage.  Some fine work happens in that garage…  This is an ad for Ken’s garage… 😉

A brass plate is added for weight and to balance the car and to give it better handling into corners.  The plate is held in place by two screws and can be switched with a smaller lighter plate.

Thanks for looking

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Jim. Nice switch from the 290mm to a 250 Monza. Your Ferrari sits perfect. Thanks for the decals too!

I look forward to a little team racing. :good:

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.