• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

This is a 1/32 scale Gunze Sangyo model kit.  I had never heard of these model kits until I saw three models that Ken had built a few months ago.  I was inspired by the quality of the parts and the fine details incorporated in this kit and I always loved the look of the Thunderbird.  The model falls into the new category of Boulevard Cruisers.

A special thanks to Ken who assisted with the chassis build and was a great painting coach.

The model comes with a back seat and roof.  I preferred the look of the convertible with two seats and head rests.

The BWA Scan motor is glued to the chassis using epoxy in an anglewinder configuration.  Geared 14 pinion x 30 spur gear.

Here is the model with a headless driver.  I considered installing a female as the pilot in this model but didn’t have a usable torso with bust, therefore A street version pilot without a Helmut will be installed.  The kit comes with two different sets of chrome wheels, I carved out the inserts and will be using them to finish this model.

Very pleased with how well this car runs.  I think the headless driver would have been pulled over for high speed driving if the cops weren’t in lockdown mode ;-).

Thanks for looking.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Very nice choice of colour JMSracer! Is that Tamiya paint?

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Yes, its Tamiya TS-58 pearl light blue

Nice work Jim!

The colour sure looks sharp. White walls look amazing on that car. The two-tone interior is a nice touch too!

A blue car with a blue spur gear and blue pinion and blue motor wires? But of course! Colour coded. :good:

I wish I could say that the matching gear colours was planned, but I do like to be colour coordinated… :-).

This model tips the scale at 84 grams complete with inserts and driver head.  It handles very well prior to adding and weight, it is a pleasure to drive.  Testing will determine if adding weight improves it.

Thanks

Jim, that is a beautiful looking car!  Love the colour.  Excellent.

Thanks Dave

Sweet ride Jim!

Thanks F1NUTZ

Here is the finished car with driver and wheel inserts.

TB1

TB2

TB3

Here is the car with the roof on

TBR 1

TBR2

TBR3

Your T-Bird looks good with the roof. It matches the two-tone interior and white-walls.

The car sits a bit like a “tail-dragger”. It suits the body-style. :good:

Viewing 8 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.