• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Good morning everyone,

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything on the site.  I hope everyone is doing well.

We can all thank JCB for this find.  Click on the link below to view a new site with 3D printed models for scratch building.  There are a few Citroen models, a Mini, a Holden, a Ford, a lotus 30, a Fiat 1600, Aston Martin DB5 and a few more…

Home

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Turns out this site is selling print files.  Similar to Thingiverse, All3DP that have many print files for free.  They sell you the file, you take it, scale it on your 3D printer and print it.  This is only the first step but this site has print files for many models that are difficult to get and will be of interest to the club.  There are lots of cool hot rods, Ferrari’s, Lambo’s, lots of models from 1930’s to 1960’s and a few pages of trucks..  worth looking at.  We just need somebody with a 3D printer…

The library has 3D printers. Not sure what size they print up to. Printing a 1/32 body would probably take days.

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for the link. It’s very cool.

The future sure looks bright with all the 3D printers making leaps and bounds. One day we’ll print just about everything.

JonnyRocket has the latest 3D printer. He’s already brought over an Aston DB2 printed body and we test painted it. The resolution is not very good. It’s still at the point where bodies have visible print lines.

This would be my first choice from the 123-pages I just went through. :wacko:

Alfa Romeo Stradale 1967 Printable Body Car

The Alfa Romeo Stradale is a cool little car.

You can already see the print lines on the 3D drawing when you expand the view. The best printer in the world will only give you the resolution on the file.

Then there’s the glass. It’s a great technology. But needs a lot of debugging.

Thats good to know

Thanks F1nuts

3D Printing is improving.  Most hearing aides are made from 3D printing, they are building small homes with large 3D printers, Elon Musk is talking about printing rocket parts that break in space with 3D printers and there are others saying that they will be making human organs for transplant using 3D printers in the future which sounds incredible, I don’t understand how that will work…

I have ordered a number of 3D printed chassis and they are all smooth enough and work great, but apparently the technology for model car body’s is still developing and you are correct Ken, there are visible lines in the body’s at the moment which means we’ll have to wait until the technology catches up to our standards and expectations.   That’s too bad because the site above had plans for many unavailable models that we would all be interested in.

Jim.

I gladly admit that I am very excited and hopeful about this idea for the future. I went through every page and saw a gaggle of Carrera Panamericana potentials. Plus a bus-load of rare “gotta haves” like the Alfa Stradale.

Thanks for posting this site. These look great. They feed the dream. :good:

It would be kind of funny to see the Chevy Chevette duke it out with a Russian Lada. Throw a Pinto with flames painted on the side into the mix. :yahoo:

Viewing 5 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.