• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

This build is the famous #40-1970 Targa Florio Porsche 908/3 which has been has in progress for more than six, months due to delays with the decals arriving in a timely manner due to the pandemic.  I custom designed and printed decals for this model.  The orange section in front of the car will be painted on as it proved to be impossible to get a decals to adhere to this area in an acceptable manner.

Photos of the actual car

p1   p2

My attempt

a1

The body has been paired with a custom built aluminium chassis – 100% built by the JMS garage.  The 21.5k Piranha motor has been glued onto the chassis in an AW configuration.  Originally I had used a 12T pinion, which was switched to 11T to get more brake.

This photo with windshield and gas caps installed.

a2

a3

Ready to race… zoom, zoom.

a5

Thanks for looking.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Looks great Jim! :good:

Nice job Jim! I did this livery in HO a few years ago.

Thank you guys.

Great looking job on both the livery and the chassis, and it went as well as it looks!! :good: Is this the new trend in chassis development?? Congratulations to Ken for developing it and to Jim for being the first besides Ken to build one of these!! B-)

Thank you MIA

I don’t know if this will be a trend, but I think it will be worthwhile for anyone who wants to learn to build one of these, they work very well.  Food for thought… It takes much less time than building a brass and piano wire chassis.

Think outside. No box required. :yahoo:

Thank you MIA for your kind words. 🙂

Thank you Jim for taking a leap of faith and trying these chassis’s out. :good:

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.