• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Though my ‘handle’ here is Porsche911, I LOVED the ‘American Muscle’ that ruled the roads in the 60’s and 70’s, Stangs, Camaro’s, Cuda’s and such, and as we have a ‘Hot Rod’ class, I wanted something…as John Cleese would say, “And now for something completely different”. :>) I thought a departure, different than most of the others, and had an ‘AMT Scale Stars’ 61 Ranchero tucked away, so this is it. Because I elected to go with supplied full interior, it’s likely nowhere near slammed low enough, nor light enough to be too fast but I think it looks Baaaad, if you’re into that type of thing. Going forward, should I acquire another 1, I’d use a flat/card interior, and also rip out the entire bed and cover with a tonneau top. I did have to cut a wee bit to accommodate crown gear, hence the ‘beverages’ in the back, plus a guy could thirsty driving this. :>) Added some ‘smoke’ to tailpipes, and the ‘Skull’ to grill, might not be everyone’s cuppa but after test fit, I loved it. Alas, my photo skills/lighting aren’t the greatest so you may not be able to see the small decal details(all homemade). Lovely KRZ chassis fitted, slimcan ‘Vanski’ motor, 10X23, RS Slot wheels, D’Art inserts, driver by Pioneer and lady friend vintage Revell. Vinnies Hot Rods of Fresno has given the ‘Lil Devil’ a shakedown, and it’s about 3/4 of a second off where it would be somewhat competitive, but it’s fun, who knew I could be whimsical…LOL
    Hope you enjoy, Cheers!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Another

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Great looking truck Porsche911. I look forward to seeing it run.

That’s quite the build! Zombie apocalypsemobile?

You set the bar/standard high Bill, feeble effort to keep up! :>) Was originally going to be ‘Ranchero Sombrero’, had a lot of Mexican Day of the Dead type images ready to go for decals, then just used what I had (no printer ink at the time) :>) So 666 ‘Lil Devil’ he was, looks great in IMNSHO…

Too slow to run with the Big Dawgs in this group, but makes me smile when I spin a few laps with it, worth the time…

I think it’s great that you’re building cars. Every build gets better.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.