• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

This is an Aurora kit purchased from the Group 25 show in  March 2019.  The kit body came in 3 pieces, top, and two sides.  I really dislike 3 piece kits as they are tricky to fit together and get a good fit, this one was no different as it took a lot of filling and sanding along the joins.  I am going to post a series of pictures of specs, body and chassis and hope you enjoy.  The paint is Testors Custom Red Metal Flake plus Testors Semi-Gloss Clear.   Front indicator and rear tail lights are stick ons from Pendles.  Windshield is custom made from brass and painted as no screen was in the kit.    Interior is leatherette left over from a chair covering over card stock as original seats would not fit in.  As Bugs use to say … that’s all folks!

C

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies

Great colour! Nice work on the custom made windscreen too DB! Thanks for posting! :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Excellent work Dave! The car looks stunning. That’s the shiniest semi gloss clear-coat I have ever seen. I need to wear my shades to look at it. B-)

Lady driver is original. Chassis looks like a solid runner. Tan interior is a nice touch too. Thanks for posting!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.