• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Hi guys,

Some of you may know that I had surgery last Thursday. I’m back home recovering.

I wish to thank everyone for the good wishes and prayers!

Ken

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Good to hear that you’re back home Ken. I’m sure I speak for all of us at S32 when I wish you a rapid and complete recovery.

Cheers

Steve

I did not know that you had surgery.

I am Happy to hear everything went well and hope to see you racing soon.

Best Regards

Luis Meza

Glad to hear you’re home and convalescing, get well soon!

Hope you’re feeling better soon Ken!

Best wishes Ken, for a full and quick recovery.

Felix.

Get well quickly Ken!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Steve, Luis, Drew, Bill, Austin, and Art.  I truly appreciate all the good wishes from everyone. Thank you!!!

I’m looking forward to building and finishing off more cars shortly. I upgraded the paint booth fan a few days before surgery.  Too much backwash from the other fan. The doctor says I’m only allowed to lift light plastic slot car bodies, and small paint cans. Perfect!

I also prepared a new Trans Am car to go together (new to me). It’s just a simple assembly and set up now.

Looking forward to racing again.

What project is everyone else working on? I’m bored out of my tree with TV. I am a couch potatoe for an entire week. Lookout after that!

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Excellent!

I just did my best paintjob ever without primer outside my backyard door last night. Go figure…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Art,

Congrats on your success! I look forward to seeing what you painted!

Sounds like someone has been a bad influence on painting techniques. Oops.

Just before I got into this whole thing. I saw a can of Testors “One Shot” modelling paint. The idea of a one shot paint job sounded attractive to a dumb, lazy newbie. I made it my goal to try and achieve this skill. Not realizing that all rattle can paints require several tack-coats before the final wet coat. I fumbled the whole way through. I made every mistake in the book. I was simply too stubborn to let it beat me.

Drew’s trouble shooting article did the trick in the end and saved my bacon. Thanks Drew!

Just a quick update on my recovery process. The cancer is into the bladder wall already. I go for chemo for 12-weeks, followed by another surgery.

I have no idea how I will feel during the chemo. But will try to register for as many races as I can. I will need to take it one day at a time.

Daily life will be an entirely different experience after surgery. I’m told it should get back to some sense of normal after the second recovery. Gosh, I sure look forward to putting this all behind me.

Warm regards,

Ken

Very surprised and sorry to hear about this Ken. Being in an out of hospitals with various family members over the last few years, I have seen many positive results, beyond expectation. They have given me renewed confidence in medical science. Hospital staff have these procedures very finely tuned, so I’m hoping all will turn out well for you. Good luck with it; Best wishes.

Felix.

Hi Felix,

Thank you very kindly for your encouragement and good wishes.

Ken

Viewing 11 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.