• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

I bought a few 1/32 Eldon bodies when I was 10-years old. Reviving a few of these cars has been on my bucket list for the last umm… 46-long years.

Anyone interested?

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Hi Ken, perhaps….Please bring them to the show, I’ll take a look.

Drew

Hi Drew,

I see now how this thread can be eaily missunderstood. The work is already done. I already finished the GT-350 and documented it. However, all the photo files are too big.

Wasn’t sure if anyone wanted to see an old Hornby chassis chopped up and the Shelby lowered as far as it can go. Sporting 20 x 7 tires from Art of course. I need to take pics using less memory.

I still have an Eldon – 68 Charger and a matching Hornby chassis that I want to build. The Charger and Shelby should be a fair race together since they will have matching chassis/motor/wheels/tires/etc.

Cheers,

Ken

Drew,

My apologies for the thread title. Here’s a test to see if my pics work.

Cheers,

Ken

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.

More pics. It clearly needs “Cragar” 5-spoke inserts. “Center Lines” are a bit boring and don’t allow for brake cooling.  🙂

I’m really looking forward to the slot car show this Sunday.

Ken

Attachments:

Here are the two old Hornby chassis showing the work before cutting, and after installation. I used the original Eldon front/back mounting posts to install the chassis so as not to modify the body.

Also. Here’s the 68 Charger albeit with a broken windshield. It will get the other matching chassis and exact same wheel treatment.

Ken

Attachments:

Quite the ‘Low-Rider’, you’ll need to fabricate some 1/32 dice for her. :yahoo:

Funny! Thanks for the comment.

My wife says she may have seen them at the bottom of a 1/32 storage drawer at the back of my 1/32 garage. Probably full of 1/32 dust and dirt after all this time in storage.

Maybe Art will offer 1/32 fuzzy dice in his next catalog? After all. They are “period correct” for that car. Just kidding.

Ken

If it isn’t dragging on the ground it isn’t low enough! :yahoo:  Good work!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thank you very much for the inspiration. The only reason the rocker panels aren’t dragging on the ground is because the front tires are hitting the top of the fender wells. Oops. Maybe a shopping spree at D’Art hobbies for smaller tires would help? That way I can take a few spacers out. How low can you go? Let’s find out. The pin has lots of room to drop yet. More pics to follow after a semi-proper chassis set-up and wheel inserts.

Ken

Here’s the big follow up to the final results. Start with cheap chassis? End up with crappy driving car. The nice wheels, tires, and antique body are back on the shelf.

I need to take a chassis building course/lesson. At least the Eldon body and original mounting posts have not been modified.

That experience was an interesting and humbling lesson of what not to do. Oh well. Back to the learning curve.

Ken

The wheels from this GT-350 experiment ended up on a 49 Ford Tudor #18 driven by Fred Steinbroner. The chassis went into the garbage. The body back in storage, fuzzy dice and all. Kind of funny now as I look back at this silly thread. Humble beginnings.

Ken

Viewing 10 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.