• Creator
    Topic

I bought this kit from Ken a couple of months ago, a perfect candidate for a Hot Rod build.  Inspired by Ken’s candy apply red, I painted the car gold first, then red to get the candy apple finish.

The body sits on an aluminium chassis, that I custom built.

This is Lindberg Kit no. 2143

The plastic model motor was taken from another Lindberg kit and glued to the front of the chassis.  SCC steel wheels up front and wider 14″ x 8mm rear MRRC wheels.  The rear hubs are also taken from another Lindberg kit and required some sanding to size.

I used my Dremel sanding wheel to enlarge the rear wheel wells.  It allowed me to lower the body over the rear wheels.

I cut the front side quarter panels to expose the model motor that I painted and glued to the chassis.

The white glue is still drying on the front windshield, once dry it will be less visible.

I will be adding a number of additional details and will go over the body and complete a few touch ups.

I can say that this is a very nice handling car, a pleasure to drive.

Thanks for looking.

P.S.

If you are thinking of building a car but keep putting it off because you believe that your building ability falls short of your expectations or standards, I say forge ahead.  Expect to make mistakes-you may scrap a few chassis before you get it right but just keep pushing ahead until you finish building your car.  You will learn from your build and will take that knowledge to your next build which will be easier…  Don’t be afraid to begin, just do it and stop procrastinating.  Your experience will yield you a model you can drive at one of the upcoming events, and that will be very rewarding.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Nice build Jim! Great job hiding the guide too.

Just like my 32 Ford, your front bearing supports look a bit fragile.

I agree. Don’t let the “fear of starting” prevent you from having fun. I can laugh at my mistakes better than anyone. :yahoo:

Love the way you concealed the guide with the engine…. Excellent!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thanks guys

Its always fun figuring out how to build these cars… solving problems like how to place the front wheels ahead of the guide, being creative while allowing the car to look good and work well.

What! The motor is only glued in? What kind of unobtainium is this? 😉

Yes, both the ff050 motor that runs the car and the plastic model motor are glued in.

LOL…

Great looking HR, now you just need a ‘Fonzie’ like figure at the wheel!!

Thanks Porsche 911

Viewing 6 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.