Forums Slot Car Paddock Local Slot Car Groups Images and Results from The Rock

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by AvatarAnonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic

Something stinks at THE ROCK!

9 of the clubs warriors set out to do battle at the Rock for the season opening F1 Weekend. Upon their arrival it was evident that there was a strange odor in the air. Seems that this hosts puppy got into a losing battle with a skunk the night before!

50’s GP
    Some close racing in this one and a great looking field of entries.

3.0L GP
    This was a super close one with the top two finishing on the same lap.

70’s GP
    Almost everyone’s favorite class. Super close racing with a “dead heat tie” in the first round of action between the Ronnie Peterson March and the Lotus 72 – Laps and extension tied!

What a great looking field. Many racers took the opportunity of running several cars in this one.
    Congratulations to Frank who took his first steps up the podium at the Rock. JCB got off to a fast start but the wheels fell off after the opening heat tie.

Modern F1
    Another tight one in Modern F1 as, like the Noah’s animals, everybody paired up for battle as the top two finished on the same lap, the next two were a lap back, and the next two were also a lap back. Top 6 within 2 laps is a pretty competitive race for this class!

Group 5
    And we finished off the day with a Group 5 race where the difference between 1st and 2nd at the end was 0.010! This was possibly the closest finish in club history. On a 94.5′ foot track over three heats that amounts to about 3/8 of an inch!

Thanks for another great day Kevin. Always worth the drive to Barrie!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Well i must admit that this was a great weekend .

First time i got away from home for some time , and really enjoyed the event and the company. As a true old Copper, i tried to stick close to Cupcake Rob , and the coffee.

KK kept me up late working on cars, and before we knew it the Australian F1 race was screening live at 1am. Yes we sort of watched it all live as it happened , the roar of the engines only out done by the odd snore lol.

Great weekend Kev and boys, finally nice to see you all again and thanks for a fun time.

Narco    :good:

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Slot Car Paddock Local Slot Car Groups Images and Results from The Rock