• Creator
    Topic

A talented friend and personal HO mentor recently passed away from a massive stroke. Bill Hall was truly an Aurora HO master. He was a reputable Porsche mechanic in the 1:1 world. But he loved tinkering with slot cars. Bill did not invent “goop” (50% plastic and 50% Testors 3502 plastic cement). But he sure was an artist with it. Bill repaired old and rare cars that were long since discontinued back in the 60’s.

He could take a car that was stepped on, missing body posts and quarter panels. And reform every part to a factory finish. In proper colour, and without paint.

I’ll let the pics speak for themselves. Slate grey is one of the rarest Aurora split window Stingrays for HO size slot cars. Bill didn’t get a chance to polish it before passing away.

An old El Camino that got crushed.

Beside broken window posts. One of the second biggest issues with old Aurora cars is many people opened up the rear fender wells with a rough blade or file to get monster tires to stick out past the body. The flea markets are littered with them. Most colours aren’t worth saving. But black ones sure are.

R.I.P. my dear friend Bill Hall.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

A shame to lose such a talent. May he Rest In Peace.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.