Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Wicked photos! Love the Spa Lyons track.

Anonymous

Wow guys looks like some really close reacing , especially the 70s F1.
          The cars all look great and the Spa , what can I say just awesome.
          Well done to all.

From a personal standpoint as the quality of the racing in our group increases open wheel classes such as 1970’s G.P. are becoming much more enjoyable than at any other time. I feel we need to give a lot of credit to those new to our group/hobby who have bought into the ideal that car control and keeping your car tidy through the corners is the fastest way around the track. Like Prost used to say, the more you move the steering wheel the slower you are going… the level of carnage is inversely proportional to the level of enjoyment and so less translates to more… and that is a winning formula that you won’t get at too many places… anyone who appreciates and enjoys racing with ‘one of a kind’ scratch built liveries/bodies/chassis which take plenty of hours to make and a fair bit of skill to do well will only encourage more of them in any class if everyone races in a ‘tidy’ fashion. And when you combine the cars with a beautifully scenerized race track such as Spa-Lyons (or others in our rotation) then the enjoyment level is beyond what any public or commercial track could ever provide. Not to mention a perfect assortment of personalities – just enough diversity to keep things interesting yet balanced and harmonious so that we don’t waste too much time arguing – absolutely fabulous! …after all, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts… Cheers! :yes:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Amen! :yahoo:

Looks like a great track, routed and running three cars per lane. I’ve got a hybrid track using four lanes of Scalextric Sport track. Currently I can run two lanes of Analog (1 car per lane and two lanes of six cars total) or I can run four lanes of analog 1 car per lane. I’ve been trying to come up with a good idea of how to do a routed track and still be able to incorporate lane control. How did you do this to allow for passing? Are you using the Oxigen (Slot-it) digital system? Can you switch back to Analog mode? Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Hi there philc712 – the post race ‘staged’ pictures we take are misleading because we do not run digital or use a lane changing system – our tracks are all analog three or four lane routed tracks with just one car running per lane… very traditional.
              Cheers!
              Art

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.