• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Anyone who has tried to replicate a chrome finish knows that this can be a challenge. As noted elsewhere I’ve had good luck with Krylon’s Premium Chrome rattle cans – but thanks to a tip from F1Nutz I now have another great product in my paint shop that is even easier to use – a 4mm Liquid Chrome Pump Marker by Molotow.

They have a complete line which includes a refill too… Available from Amazon or at the Group 25 model car show (by Sunward Hobbies).

I tested the marker on some knock offs and headers/tail pipes and wow does it leave a nice finish! Impressive! And so easy to use too! This product gets 5 out of 5 thumbs up! :good:  :good:  :good:  :good:  :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

See link below, re clear coating of Molotow, be careful!!

http://www.homeracingworld.us/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=208636#p208636

I can’t thank F1nutz and yourself enough for informing me about this pen. It was one of the first things you showed me when I got into this hobby.

I have since found out that the ink can pool into unwanted areas. So I use the pen upside down if I think it will run. It helps prevent pooling when doing fender emblems, door handles, window trim, etc… In fact I rarely use it right side up anymore. Too much ink can easily ruin nice paint.

It seems that Molotow is out of stock everywhere I look. I saw these 3-liquid chrome pens on Amazon for $22.95 delivery included, and took a chance. Amazon returns are easy enough.

Turns out that the pens works just as good as Molotow. Heck, I can chrome the entire bench with the 3mm tip.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.