• Creator
    Topic

Ok so I had some time today to experiment a little so I decided to try and convert my LM chassis to fit an Acura NSX MM body.

It took about an hour to do and the only modification I had to make was to remove about 2mm of plastic from the front edge of the shock restrictor plate hole. Suspension travel is minimal but the wheelbase now fits!

I also swapped the wheels and reassembled the LM/MM T plate in the MM position. We’ll see how it runs next time we do a test session.

Mini-Z Acura LM to MM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Here’s a shot of the chassis:

Lm to mm chassis conversion

This is a close up of the shock restrictor plate hole. I trimmed about 2mm from the front edge of the hole on the right centre of the picture. Had to also reroute the motor wiring slightly.

That’s a very cool looking car F1nutz.

I have way too many irons in fire at the moment. But I’ll keep playing “Lotto 649” just in case. I’ll try and make more time if I win.

Great to confirm what we suspected: that the LM motor pod can be used in place of the MM pod to reduce the MR03 RWD wheelbase from 102mm for the Grp C models to 98mm for most of the GT models!

The damper and lower motor position of the LM motor pod will definitely improve handling for the shorter wheelbase – how much so remains to be seen…

Great work F1nutz!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.