• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic

Just saw the news of Canadian racing great Ludwig Heimrath passing away.    Another hero moving on.

Mr Porsche  r.i.p.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Sad to lose another great Canadian racer.

Hey F1 Nutz:

Great looking car.   Is this a Dart body and did you print your own decals ?

Thanks GL

This is an original body with some d’art parts used to restore it. I did design and print the decals. Let me know if you’d like the file to print your own. You’re welcome to it.

cheers!

bill

Looks great F1nutz! A great tribute!

Feel free to post your decal file in our decals sub forum for any registered user to download… did you use the original chassis? Looks like Ninco plastic wheels are on it… Ninco chassis perhaps?

The original RS61 Strombecker body came with three different windscreens… full wrap around… the front which is shown here and a single pilot screen… really cool!

I was fortunate enough to be loaned an original, complete and pristine Strombecker body kit from KKracing. The DArt re pop of this kit is a direct copy and comes with all three windscreens and the rest of the parts plus inserts… I think the windscreen F1nutz used is a Dart re pop if my memory still works…

One cannot deny the tremendous influence Heimrath had on Canadian motor sports… perhaps MIA may have some photos of him in an RS61 at Mosport…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

From Mosport, Players 200 June 1961. Just after the start before they drop down into turn 1 I think. Heimrath is the third Porsche I believe, possibly in the same livery as Bill’s car. The last car in the line is a Sadler I think. Very interesting car Canadian car.

Hopefully a few more to come.

F1 Nutz:

A copy of the file would be nice or posting it as Art suggested is fine also.

Yes Ninco running gear on a copper tube chassis I built long before joining the group. Powered by a vintage 16d scalextric motor.

windshield, driver, louvers, gas cap and tonneauare D’Art reproductions.

I’ll upload the file as soon as I can find it. It could be on one of several computers.

cheers!

bill

Anonymous

Another picture of Ludwig….just behind and to the left  Mr Moss……this was taken just before the start of the June 24th 1961 Players 200 at Mosport.

Cheers

Chris Walker

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Great pics! Thanks for posting.
                I may need to repaint my driver Chris ;)</p>

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I may need to repaint my driver Chris ;)</p>

I chose not to mention that 😉

Cheers

Chris Walker

Viewing 8 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.