• Creator
    Topic

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Hello Guys,

This is a VW kit that I had for a while now siitting on my worktable, I took inspiration from Art’s Porsche 356 build for the chassis.

It was fun to build, I has a PSR 16k motor and a 10/36 pinion/spur gear combination, it weights 80.8 grams and runs very nice.

Best Regards,

Luis Meza

Looks great Luis!!! Nice colour too! Can’t wait to see it go in person one of these days!

Which kit is it? I did an ARII and the quality and fit of the windscreen in my kit wasn’t that great… but yours looks quite good! Nice work! And the white walls look fabulous! If you give the white sidewalls another fine sand with some wet 1200 grit paper they should pop even more… spectacular!!!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thank You My Friend, it is an ARll kit and you are right the quality is poor.

I will take your advise on the white wall tires and any other suggestions from the group since I want to learn.

Nice job! Someone I used to work with had a real one that colour. I also have that kit in my project pile. One day…

Luis,

Beautiful looking car!

At under $8. The ARII kits are perfect for scratch-builders. They do require a little fiddling.

Really like the colour.  It looks appropriate to the era.

Gary

Thank You guys for your comments

Excellent work Louis. Looks like you are getting to be proficient at the scratch-built chassis; some of us will have to catch up. It’s good to see another sidewinder configuration, and it appears that it has allowed you to use a full interior. Beautifully authentic body finish as well.

Thank You, I learn a lot from the building post of the other racers and try to be as observant as I can to be able to do my own, still a lot to learn specially on the finishes but have a lot of fun trying

Viewing 13 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.