• Creator
    Topic

Printing your own decals on decal paper is just half the battle – then you need to apply them to your painted masterpiece. In this session we will do both. You need not bring anything for this session except questions if you have them. Pizza for those who may be hungry. Session starts at 7:30pm and should be over by 10:00pm. You must register for this event.
    [seatt-form event_id=4]

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies

After attending this session one quickly realizes that “Printing your own decals on decal paper is just half the battle” rather underestimates the process!! So much to think about prior to even printing out your decal, never mind getting it off the paper without messing it up, then getting it to lay the way you want!!?? For the visual learner, seeing it done and being able to ask questions is sooooo much better than just reading how to do it!! Thanks for holding these sessions Art and giving freely of your time and expertise. Perhaps the next session could be on the detailing you do, what paints you use and when, washes, application tricks etc. etc.

PS: I’ve added the cartoon as an attachment. Seems to work but doesn’t look like it will go into the body of text.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Michael – Cheers! Glad you found the session helpful! Always fun!

Regarding the attachments – they work!!! – and no they do not appear in the body of the text nor are they supposed to – AND they can only be seen or downloaded by those logged in – so attachments are a perfect way to share files among our registered users only…

:yes:

Cheers Michael! Anytime!

As you know we did not have time to finish applying all 34 of the decals on the Piper Sandeman Ferrari 612 that we chose to work on last night, so I finished it up this morning and so it was done by 7am… This was one of three bodies that I had painted base coats on a year or so ago and they were just collecting dust. Of the three since this was a dark green it would be the trickiest of the three to decal (the others were yellow [612] and white [M12]) so what better a project to tackle! All (but 5) of the decals used were printed using my standard inkjet printer and coated with two coats of Krylon Crystal Clear (as I do with all of the decals I make). Regarding the five store bought decals used – three were rectangular Monogram white blank number plates with a black pinstripe border and two were Pattos Ferrari badge decals – in hindsight I was disappointed with both the opacity and misaligned pin stripe on the white blank Monogram number plates (but it gives the model character) and should have just printed my own along with the Pattos Ferrari badges since I am really not a fan of their low resolution. Nevertheless the project turned out just fine. The decals will be left to dry for a few days and after some cleaning up the body will be ready for two clear coats (yet to be determined), then some detail painting and a dark wash. I haven’t decided if I want to paint or decal the spoiler orange yet… no rush…

…for those who missed the session everything you need to know is in this photo…

A follow up session on detailing the body is a good idea Michael – so we should schedule that in November – stay tuned… up next in October is Bill’s session on hand painting drivers and figures… please remember to register for that one. :good:

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.