Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

Many of you have already seen this I’m sure, but for those who haven’t and are interested, and as it came up in conversation recently, a link to Bob Livingston’s excellent article on motor testing. Scroll down through it and you get a good explanation of setup and how he tested RPM and Torque, and how torque was tested at lower voltages and then given an appropriate multiplying factor. This seemed to be an acceptable practice. If not entirely accurate, results with the same equipment and methodology should at least be relatively accurate. Setup’s are relatively easy to duplicate should you be interested in doing it yourself.

http://slotcarnews.blogspot.com/2007/02/slot-car-news-motor-list.html

If anyone is further interested I could see if I could find the manufacturers graphs showing the same thing wrt torque.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Thanks for posting the link MiA – I remember reading this some time ago – interesting to know what others do and the lengths they go to… :wacko:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Wow. I just noticed this. Thanks for the post. This really separates the steak from the tofu!

Interesting information for newbie scratch builders.

Ken

Hi guys,

I have begun to make a 3D printed motor test stand. The main part is made for s-can motors and there is a slim-can adapter. Also comes with the platen that press fits onto the motor shaft. The main mount has two coutersunk holes for #6 machine screws but double-sided foam tape (servo tape) works well. Three piece kit is $8. Also, there is a Boxer mount sold separately for $3.

https://sites.google.com/view/peteslightkits/mts

Thanks,

Peter

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.