Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

We now have a FREE classifieds area on Scratch32! Just click on ‘Classifieds’ in our top menu to see what is for sale (or wanted to buy). Or select ‘Add a listing’ from the ‘Classifieds’ drop down menu to post your ad right away!

Users with a Scratch32 account can now post ads containing detailed descriptions and pictures of items they wish to sell privately for FREE. These ads can be read by anyone, including those without an account. [So you can post an ad and then link it anywhere else.] It is also easy for every user to manage their ads. All ads expire in 60 days.

There are just three limitations:

• Only model slot car related content is permitted;
    • No junk – only items of quality that you would or have used yourself;
    • No retail sales or ads for inventories of items.

Scratch32 will reserve the right to remove any ad(s) that do not comply.

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

WOW, what a great idea, and thanks very much for adding this feature to the site!! Stay tuned racers, a list of BNIB cars forthcoming… :yahoo:  :good:

Perhaps there is no demand for a free personal (non-business) classifieds area in the land of scratch32… is it just too cumbersome to create ads or to load photos? Or is there just too small an audience to bother doing so? I haven’t thought so – but my time is worthless so I’m not the best to judge. I suppose others may have an opinion? This plug-in can easily be removed and would likely help speed up our scratch32 website performance… so I’m all ears…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Hi Art,

I had not seen this thread before. I had just finished building my very first scratch car when this thread was written. It still amazes me that I’m still new to this hobby only since 2018. It’s still only 2020… today.

I just recently over heard members of our club saying they are considering selling old stuff, and buying something new. Maybe you might want to delay removing it?

I am far from a retailer. While it may be a nice goal to make a living from selling slot cars. It’s just a test. I don’t expect to do much more than pay for some of my equipment. But in fairness of the above rule, I will remove my listing just in case it becomes a retail business by a stroke of luck.

Ken

I should correct my above statement. Success doesn’t really work that way. Only the lottery does.

Luck = hard work, careful planning, and keeping customers happy is the only way to succeed.

In a world where 3D printing is about to take over in every household. An aluminum chassis will likely become an oddity. But a good performing one. :good:

I haven’t listed anything in S32 classifieds due to distance and payment issues.  In that, I live in Ajax and most members seem to live in the West end.  It makes no sense for me to deliver an item by car or even the buyer to pick it up when it can be sent via Canada Post for about the same cost (assuming payment can be worked out). To clear things out I sold a fair bit this summer on Kijiji and only one person agreed to a Canada Post collect on delivery, so there has been very little acceptance for mail delivery for slot cars in my experience (I guess take out food is viewed differently!).

Sorry for the blah, blah, blah Art.  I would say the classifieds only make sense if both the sellers/buyers are willing to agree to a Canada Post deliver method and given the small amount of classified activity maybe that is the message.  Though, I would agree with your in thinking in that one would think there would be more activity given the lockdowns.  :unsure:

Copied from facebook post ………..

Happy New Year – 2021

When Corona is a beer again

When Donald is only a duck

When tiers sit on a cake

When bubbles only exist in champagne

Art, I’ve always enjoyed perusing the classifieds and have bought items from them on several occasions.  Of course, it was much easier  before the lockdown, when I could arrange to pick up an item during a regularly scheduled race. It was also easier to make arrangements with people who live in the east end of the city as travel times are so much shorter. Ken and I live only 8 minutes apart. Health concerns have kept me from participating most of this year but when things start to get back to normal by next summer I’d appreciate the classifieds still being around, not only can it help budget minded hobbyists like myself keep running but they often reveal hidden treasures that I didn’t even know existed. Where does Ken find all these great 1/32 scale kits? DB, knowing that you are in Ajax,  only 25 minutes or so away from me, I’d certainly consider any listings of yours in the classifieds (post pandemic). The classifieds lend the site this casual, homey feel that makes what can seem a very technical hobby more inviting and accessible, and I for one would like to see that continue. I wish all of my friends in Scratch 32 and everyone interested in slot cars everywhere a Very Happy New Year!

Cheers

Steve

Didn’t realize you are in the East end Steve, so I will stand corrected on my statement.  Post pandemic I will certainly have bits and pieces looking for a good home.  Take care.  Dave

Hello fellow enthusiasts, and Happy New Year! Hard to believe almost 2 1/2 years since I’d thanked Art for providing this service. I was unable to provide “the list” of cars due to formatting/site restrictions, but believe I did mail the group en masse. Having said that, I’ve come to the realization that with the dozen D’Art kits, as many models, and numerous other “cars in the Box” which I intended to build, and nevermind many that require repair, I’ll never have time to get to many cars that I’ve acquired over the last ten years, so….Stay tuned here; I’m going to photo/post several cars, ALL BNIB, which will be available for curbside pickup, possible meet up, or utilize the intrepid Canada Post service(at cost). To incentivize I’ll offer a discount of $5 from total purchase of 2 Cars, $10 for 3, $15 for 4.  AS many have been sitting for years, I’ve obviously been in no rush to sell, so please, no ‘low ball’ offers. As all that have purchased previously from me know, my pricing is fair. Please respond directly to the site if interested in claiming, and then we can speak via e-mail or phone. Thanks, and stay well!

Hello Racers, I’ve posted a “PRICE DROP” on my cars in the classified section, which may incentivize some…If not, back in a box they’ll go until whenever a public Slotcar show can occur… Stay well!

Viewing 7 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.