• This topic has 21 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoMiA.
  • Creator
    Topic

There’s a buzz around the world about NSR offering 10-free Porsche kits to various slot car clubs.

Something about helping clubs get back together.

Do we have the strength and numbers to even try and pull this off? I don’t know about the details. But one can certainly dream…

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

This offer is time sensitive. This notice was just released today, and applications will only be accepted until the end of the month.

Quote:IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to the overwhelming number of requests we are receiving, and to best ensure delivery times, memberships will end at the first 100 signed up clubs.

Anyone here interested in this?

Anonymous

Just an FYI…this is an NSR Porsche 997 “white kit” that I am building for an NSR 997 proxy  that starts soon……………so this is what their “club car” offer looks like…….still a few bits to be done, on both body and chassis.

Being an NSR proxy, all cars will run on NSR rubber, with “treating” allowed………this proxy is a separate event from the one mentioned in the above thread.

Cheers

Chris Walker

Another beautiful job Chris. Good luck in that Proxy. Looks like you will be well prepared if scratch 32 gets 10 cars!! :wacko:

Chris. Nice looking car!

This would be a great thing for S32. 10-free cars to run in our own club.

We could install urethane club tires etc.

I love to paint. This would be so cool! :good:

We can’t do it unless the members chime in without hesitation. The offer of 10-free NSR Porsches won’t last long. Art has all the statistics and proof on the S32 site.

Anyone else interested? Please speak up? This won’t work if I stand alone.

The link should be filled out by a track owner. I don’t have Art’s postal code or it would have been done.

Link here.

http://www.nsrslot.it/assets/events/2021/back_to_race/iscrizione.html

I looked Art’s postal code up and sent a request on his behalf. We have nothing to lose and 10-free cars to gain.

Art. If you get an email, or phone call from NSR from a guy speaking Italian? He’s not a duct cleaner.  :yahoo:

It’s been done on behalf of Scratch32.

Wish us luck. We’re going to need it based on the world wide response of this offer.

Ken

That’s great Ken!    (Sorry I wasn’t able to check the forum earlier, and reply.)

In general, the 997’s handle very well in ‘that other scale’!   The overall geometry of the body seems to be good for performance and handling.  If we do get a set, it would be a good base for a spec series of identical cars, just different liveries.

That’s a beautiful finishing job on the body, Chris; subtle colour combination, very creative and well executed.

Thanks for keeping tuned-in and taking the initiative, Ken.  I’m sure it’s appreciated by all.

That is great Ken, sorry for my late reply and Thank You for taking care of this on behalf of the club.

Very nice looking Porsche Chris, as all of your creations outstanding.

Best Regards

Luis Meza

Some further details…

Duties of the club:
                        After receiving the models, the club undertakes: – Making a monobrand “Porsche 997 GT3 NSR” Championship of at least 5 races before 31/03/2022
                        – Sending photos and results of each race to [email protected] specifying in the mail:
                        Name of the club, number and date of the race
                        – Using only NSR parts on the models received.

NSR wish you will enjoy the championship always respecting the anti-covid rules!

The winning clubs have been chosen. Very few clubs from from this continent.

Results can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/NSRfactory/posts/4557944274232870

I don’t have a FaceFart account and cannot access the results. Can someone with a FB account please check and see if Scratch32 is on the list?

Thanks,

Ken

The results were that 2-clubs from North America were chosen. We were not one of them.

However. It was nice to hear everyone chime in with interest.

The seed for the idea of a “club car” has been sown. I really like Art’s Ferrari 246P with a BWMS050 motor class. Anyone else interesting in such a specific class?

Please chime in?

Ken

Too bad, but a great attempt Ken. Thanks for trying. I’m doing my 1st 246 and there will probably be at least one (of three) in that configuration. I’m sure there will be more.

It was exciting to be able to participate, perhaps it would of been a better idea for them to reduce the cars to 5 per club to reach double the number of the clubs.

Thank You Ken for trying

Anonymous

I strongly suspect that there was a little more than meets the eye on NSR’s club selection……..while they did select a couple of North American clubs’, by far the bulk were “Euro” based. While the “Euro” clubs may well have been the early responders, there may be some other considerations on their part.

NSR do sell the bulk of their cars to “Euro” countries, and so do one of their competitors (one they are currently annoyed with,…..for no logical reason)…..so,….to pick clubs that do run a lot of the competitions’ cars, (and potentially lock them out a touch) may well be justification in their minds.

Additionally, shipping cost to North America are considerably more than costs to send to Italy, Spain, Portugal etc., and therefore the combination of both these factors make their selections understandable from a business perspective.

I am not judging,….just offering a perspective.

Cheers
                                Chris Walker

I laughed when someone said NSR was overwhelmed by the response of offering 10-free Porsches to all the clubs in the world. NSR threw a chicken into a pond with 10,000 piranha and expected what? Calm water?

Let’s celebrate and go out and buy a ScaleAuto Porsche! :good:

It’s far too easy to solve the shipping issue. NSR supplies 10-free cars, your club pays the shipping. What’s the problem?

This was tainted from the start and the most of the world just figured it out. Good to know that corporate warfare is still going on. Keeps the prices a bit more competitive.

Is it ScaleAuto that Chris is talking about or someone else? Regardless it is interesting insight and a great diversion from prominent media issues of the day.

Anonymous

Is it ScaleAuto that Chris is talking about.??

It is !!

Cheers

Chris Walker

Thank you! Hard for me to tell the players without a program. :wacko:

Are the ScaleAuto cars on a par with NSR’s?

Anonymous

Are the ScaleAuto cars on a par with NSR’s?

The newer ones certainly are,………Lots of them entered into recent proxies, and they have been at the top in many.,……it does however depend on how they are tuned !!, Given the choice, I would always go for the Scaleauto.

Additionally, the Scaleauto “red” RT3 motor pods are the stiffest (a good thing) currently available in the “plastic” car market.

Cheers

Chris Walker

Thanks for the insight Chris.

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.