Tagged: 

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Avatar photoDB.
  • Creator
    Topic

It is a resin body and not a very good one (you get what you pay for).  Spend almost a year trying to fix it up and still it is marginal.  Decided to paint it up and decal anyway.  It looks big but is under scale on length and height.  Width is about 9-10 mm over scale.

Porsche 356 SL – 1953 – 1488cc.  1953 Carrera PanAmericana S1.6 class.  Car #199.  Did not finish, over time limit.  Driver – Joaquin Castillo de la Fuente.  #356__2-054

Still working on the picture  :wacko:

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Looking good DB! How heavy is that body? Do you have the door handles and other trim pieces for it? Are they white metal?

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Looks great!! :yahoo: Certainly a lot better than ‘marginal’. B-)

I don’t have any trim pieces for it.  It cost me $13 US from ebay.    The body weighs 20 grams.  Thanks Michael for your comments.

It was originally, I would say a 1958 version, but I wanted a pre A version.  So I added the split window support and sanded out the rear tail lights and added two small headlights as rear lights in their place.  Wheel wells had to be filled and reshaped.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.