• Creator
    Topic

I’ve been looking into Ranchero Gasser examples online. There are differences between them depending on budget. One thing they all have in common is the front end is quite high. But the exhaust systems and gas tanks can be all over the map. Here are some examples.

Front mounted tank with budget headers, and straight open carbs.

Side-dump exhausts with a very cool air-scoop over a super-charger.

Exhaust out the fender wells, no hood over the chrome engine, and nice white walls on the rear wheels.

Tank up front and regular headers.

This is a BW pic of a slightly newer model Ranchero. The thing that I noted on this gasser is the rear tires are tucked under the wheel wells. The front end is high, the back end is low compared to the cars that have the wheel wells chopped out and totally rounded.

I laid this on the table for a quick look at this project. The ruler would simulate the track height. I like the side-dump exhaust myself. Maybe a nice air-scoop on the hood, and little gas tank up front?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Ken, do you have a camera hidden in my build room? :scratch: I have a set of D’Art side pipes, and a scoop and Blower from another model ready to go!

Likely a while though as I don’t have a proper painting environment in the Winter, bu working on it…

I’m sure yours will be awesome, looking forward to seeing it!!

Drew. Let me know if I can help with painting a car or two? I am building a new indoor paint booth next week. No more messing around.

Your wheels are in. Once again we need to safely exchange items without actually meeting.

A Studebaker Avanti Gasser? What?!

Ok so I think I can probably find something in my basement to make a gasser out of. Are these things intended to go only in a straight line or are they going to be raced around a track?

Hi Bill,

The only thing anyone knows about this new class is what is written on the schedule. Regular Hot Rod rules apply, with the exception of wheels/tires.

It would be interesting to see gassers turn corners. Everyone would really have to slow down, or fall over in slow motion. If the inside cars falls over? It will surely have a domino effect.

Ok thanks! After a few hours of digging I think I have a few options. Let’s see how it shakes out.

Viewing 5 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.