• Creator
    Topic

Hello lads, had to re-number a car for pending event, had purchased SCC ‘White’ numerals, first time using the product, OMFG, I’m sure some within the GTA heard some unsavory language last evening… Took 14 of them to successfully transfer 3!!! They kept disintegrating, separating, no matter duration of time in water nor temperature. Curious as to whether anyone else has used (tried to)? If so, any success, what’s your secret? :negative: :negative:

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Not having used them myself perhaps if you try clear coating them with a few coats of Crystal Clear that may hold them together a little better…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Hi Art, yes, that was ‘afterthought’…. Will try on the remainder, nothing to lose…

I had the same problem with those SCC decals.  Not a very good product.  I eventually got them to work for me by only soaking one at a time, using a broad dull knife to transfer them from water to car and being very careful.  There is not  a lot of wiggle room in placing them on the car in that you can’t adjust them more than once, twice if you are lucky.  I believe they are the same ones that Pendle sells.  I ended up buying some from the dollar store and they are a bit better but cheaper!   I feel your pain but good luck.

That explains what I over-heard last night. And I live all the way in Scarborough. Venting carries well in cold weather.

Sorry to hear about your bad decal experiences. I’ll remember to be careful when ordering from the UK.

I just bought a few sheets of white Ferrari decals from Professor Motor. Upon receiving them, I found out they are stick on labels and not water-slide. They will look like crap no matter what I do. Live and learn.

I hope you get your money’s worth out of them.

Yes these are really delicate decals. I’ve had better luck but have sometimes had them split.

I may try the clear coat on my next sheet.

Had the same problem with these decals painted the rntire sheet with 2 coats of future problem solved Jim

Viewing 5 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.