• Creator
    Topic

Make sure to review the latest version of the Scratch32 Rules & Guidelines updated for 2018.

In a nutshell the update includes:

• a restriction to FF050 ‘slow’ (or low power) motors in the 1.5L class; and
    • the creation of an SP+ class under sportscars which allows any motor – vintage/new, custom/stock, unaltered/altered. The SP and SP+ classes will both race in future International Meisterschaft events but will be scored separately as either SP or SP+.

The restriction to FF050 ‘slow’ motors is logical to maintain the status quo in our 1.5L class.

The addition of the SP+ sportscar class was motivated in part:

• due to some clearly wanting to stretch the boundaries of the ‘target’ ‘slow’ (or low power) motor in SP;
    • to accommodate vintage motors of varying capability; and
    • to encourage innovation in chassis construction.

The SP+ and SP classes will race together and because we limit racers to 6 and give pilots an opportunity to race two entries it is hoped that those building SP+ models will race models in both classes. Those with only SP models (or those not interested in racing SP+ models) continue to be encouraged to race multiple SP models…

:good:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies

Hello,

Can you, please ,explain me how banners affect the races? just to follow the fantastic race reports!

Thank you in advance.

Hi SV,

The banners for each event are convenient links to the registration thread so everyone who plans to participate in any event can go to the registration thread in advance and tell us about the models that they plan to enter in the race – some historical information including pictures – background and other details which I then can use in the report. If new, the models will also be entered into our model database which provides details regarding all the parts used. The point of the database and of registering models in advance is to share information. It also makes putting together the reports much easier for me. It is an additional way that some can give back to the hobby. To encourage registering I offer door prizes and other incentives (ie. reserved pit spaces, customized pit boards, etc.). So far no penalty has been applied to the results for failing to register, but that will change. Right now, the only penalty we apply for scratch32 events is the loss of a lap for every de-slot or ‘off’ regardless of fault.

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • The forum ‘R32 Class Criterium’ is closed to new topics and replies.