• Creator
    Topic

Here is a project I’ve had plans to do for the last 20 or more years!

I stripped the paint on this model some time in the 90’s and it has been sitting patiently in a box awaiting paint and decals.

Well the time has finally come!

Penske Indy

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

PI found a 1/24 decal sheet at a show a few years back and though while it is a little large does fit on the car for the most part.

Here’s a Wip shot of the Paul Tracey livery from the mid 90’s almost complete.

I may build a scratch chassis for it at some time in the future but for the time being  it will be stock Scalextric.

They only made a few different variations of this body back in the day. One being the Pennzoil sponsored car as well a Duracell and maybe a shell car of Kenny Brack and this one which was white and blue and sponsored by Eurosport.

Awesome F1nutz!!!

Back in the SRO days (shout out to Ron Bee – Samantha Bee’s father – you may know her from the Daily Show and other comedy channel ventures) when we raced in his garage we had an Indy IROC series… the models were shod with Orts… when the series was concluded some of us received the cars – I was lucky enough to get the blue Mobil 1 car which I still have untouched to this day:

I was thinking of molding and making the body ($20 each) and doing a molded chassis for it too ($10 each) to create a Scratch32 series or IROC series… BWA 13″ wheels with a DArt insert and DArt tires would work well – and it could – be a low power S-can BWNC1 series… thoughts?

Either a uniform chassis series or custom chassis series – I would be very happy with either… maybe this would be the time for others to chime in…

Thanks again F1nutz for your inspiration!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thanks!

This one may end up being a trailer queen but I’ll bring it out for the 50’s front engine event.

Decals complete! Now to clear coat and add a few paint detail then reassemble.

Looks really sweet F1nutz! Great Work!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.