• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Avatar photoMiA.
  • Creator
    Topic

I remember finishing my first car and being all proud of it. Then I took a bunch of pictures. After examining the photos I thought  “Is this the car I just built? Look at all the flaws!!!

The build threads I posted have all been an eye opener from what the naked eye can see, and what the camera can see.

I make it a habit now to take many more pictures of my builds than I post. I do it now just to catch details my eye did not detect. It helps keep my building standards a bit higher.

Ken

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies

Yup. The devil is in the detail.

Over the Christmas break I finished a 1963 Honda T360 track maintenance pick up truck and used flat black to paint my inserts. I added another coat of Citadel ‘Nun Oil’ (a black wash) to make the basic spoke detail on the insert pop in certain light before adding other colours for the lug nuts. So basically I painted black on black. Was it worth doing? It definitely was.

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Art:

Please post some photos of the little Honda. It looked great, :yahoo: but I didn’t have too much time to view closely.

Thanks B-)

Share a photo please?

The trucks looks and runs great!  :good:

The gear is a bit tall. Rarely do you see a motor run out of RPM on the short straights. It accelerates like lightning!  :yahoo:

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.