• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoDB.
  • Creator
    Topic

I became motivated to build the first model of my double Lindberg hot rod kit.   There are enough parts to build 3 variations of each model but I created a hybrid.  As you will be able to tell, I like chrome.   I used the kit chassis and then cut it back, then clamped and glued to the internal body sides.  That allowed for a fairly simple chassis. The chassis is secured by a single screw into the engine block.   The rear axle is secured in place by 1/8th inch eyelets which maintains body ride height.  The decals  are from the kit and I think they are kind of cool. Color is French Blue which is similar to kit color.   Wheel inserts are from my parts bin.   Wheels from Pendles and RS Slots.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

It looks really good DB! Those decals are a very nice touch too! :good: A great addition to the hot rod class if you choose to swap the BWNC1 for the BWMS050… :scratch:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Anonymous

Very nice!  I’ve contemplated getting this kit many times.  It’s the only kit that I know of that is specific to the hot rod class in 1:32.  The decals are a bonus.  Look forward to seeing it run.

Actually, Art I did use a BWNC1 rather than the S050.   Thanks Art and  Jim for the comments.

Updated this model.  Added new BWA s050 motor plus narrowed the rear track by hogging out the rear wheel wells.  New radiator as well.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.