• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Count Gregorio Rossi (Martini & Rossi) was once photographed driving his road legal Porsche 917 from Stuttgart to Paris.

That finally explains why Fly made this car. I’ve always thought it was interesting, But never knew it actually existed.

The body has an external ID number making it legal for R32 Classic LeMans. The licence plate counts as a number. The last 2-digits are #37.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Ah, one of the benefits of being a count!! :wacko:

I wonder what “Count Chocula” drives then?

The closest I came to meeting a Count, was my acCOUNTant.

At least I can drive Gregorio’s slot car and have fun for a few hours, a few evenings a year. :good:

Some guys have all the fun!! He has several!! A 70 Chevelle wagon, a ’59 Chevy Delivery wagon, and a big rig for those heavy loads. Surely you have some of these! Inspiration for some Hot Rods?? B-)

I have none of the above. 😥

I would only be interested in the Count Chocula 59 Chevy Delivery. :good:

Cool that you found them all! :yahoo:

Well that Bad Boy is 1 of the Fly 917’s I don’t have (yet) :>(

For your viewing enjoyment…Licensed in Texas, strap on your Colt .45, zip on down to the Wynn Dixie… :yahoo:

Wow! Thanks for posting this video Porsche911. 🙂

You just gave me the final inspiration to give this Fly body “The Full Treatment”. Classic LeMans… here we go! :good:

It shall not remain a shelf-queen. Not anymore. It deserves to run and be seen.

My all time Fave looking vehicle!! I looked at a ‘Kit car’ several years back, 917 body on VW chassis(it was a little souped up), but not enough to convince me to buy it. However, when I do have a spare $110, 000 lying around, I might consider buying this!! Read about it a few months back…

Enjoy!

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/icon-engineering-porsche-911k-replica-2906703/

As Bill Murray once said in the movie Scrooged. “It’s only mu, mu, money” :wacko:

Viewing 7 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.