• Creator
    Topic

Team Lotus refueling, 1967 Canadian Grand Prix at Mosport. Much simpler times, a far cry from what we see today!!mosport refueling 1967 GP

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

And a couple more, same race:

And the business end of Jack’s car:

And some eye candy in the Corvette Corral:

Nice photos MiA! Were those cars being refueled in the lot behind the paddock?

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Great stuff MiA

I’ve always been curious what the teams used for haulers back in those days on fly away races.

Do you remember if they brought their transporters etc or rented something when they got here?

Maybe a little of both ?

Some black and white photos my friend John took at the event.

2 BRMs Moss Corner

McLaren Spence Fisher…I didn’t know Stan Laurel was into marshaling ;^)

Moss Corner. Not sure the car or driver Stewart BRM perhaps?

At the time the area behind the pits was terraced into about 3 levels, the pits being on the highest level. The 1st photo of the re-fuelling was taken on the lower level. The canteen that was there until recently, and was the scene of wonderful breakfasts for many years, is just visible to the left under the Players sign. At that time they had an area where you could do a sit down breakfast. The British Leyland bus (red. white and blue) just in front of the canteen still occasionally shows up for Vintage weekends.

Great shots Bill. Thanks.

Graham Hill 1967 Canadian GP

Graham Hill in his Lotus who finished 4th, behind the Brabham’s of Brabham and Hulme and the Eagle of Gurney.

Earlier that day my Dad and I were in the aforementioned canteen when Stewart, Hill & Clark came in for breakfast.

Great stuff Micheal!

Here are a couple more from John.

David Hobbs in the BRM P261 #12

Richard Atwood’s Cooper Maserati

Paddock shot probably taken from the control tower. Penske Firestone truck and Veedol Chinook Can Am car.

Did Can Am have a support race for the F1 or is this picture mislabeled?

https://revslib.stanford.edu/catalog/sk411sd1312

Viewing 12 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.