• Creator
    Topic

My local Value Village has a supply of kits.  Most are 1/25  for less than $10 – Revell, AMT, Linburgh.  If I was into that scale I would have bought them.

What I did pick up were 3 1/32 scale Testors “Turn of the Century Automobiles”,   A 1930 Packard, 1934 Duesenburg and a 1935 Duesenburg SSJ.  $3.99 each.  The bodies are die cast metal.  I had thoughts of converting to a slot car but they are heavy (close to 150 grams) so I am not sure how practical that is. Anybody have any experience in doing that sort of conversion.   But the parts are worth the purchase – plastic wheels, bumpers, engines, mirrors etc.  Probably build them as static model for the layout.   Here are a few pics of  the 1930 and 1935 models.

Folks might want to swing by their local  VV to see what they have as the part might be useful for your pre war builds.  :yes: ?

1935 SSJ

1930 Packard

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Thanks for the heads up DB – many uses for these – could be the subject of an awesome barn buried find too – weathered with some parts missing in a barn or wrecker’s yard diorama!

BTW – what’s the overall diameter of the wheels/tires?

Cheers DB! :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Overall dia including tire – 24.93mm.  Width – 6.3mm

Rim dia- 15.65.  Wheel dia visible with tire mounted – 15.65mm.

Hope that helps.

Of course it does – thank you for the very helpful information DB! Your accuracy and attention to detail will help us all in sorting out Scratch32 pre-war requirements…

Cheers!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.