• Creator
    Topic

Hi gents, Where do you get your decals from? I know the specific liveries are great from Indycals, but I’m looking  for rondels/numbers, of varying fonts ideally, and more 60-70’s centric style…. I’ve created many of my own decals, sponsor wise, but they’re really only good on certain coloured cars, as of course I don’t have an ALPS printer…
    I did buy some from SCC a few years ago but I’ve only had limited success, I usually ruin about 1 out 4 or 2 out of 4, even though I put a ‘bonder’ on prior to application, they seem to pull apart, disintegrate, VERY aggravating. I’d like to get some rondels that have perhaps a thin outer ‘edge’ in black, blue, red etc., and also numbers in Black, and white as well(use without rondel).I have made my own rondels with White decal paper and a punch, and they’re not too bad, I can afford to ruin a few… :>)

Appreciate suggestions, thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Hi Porsche911,

Decals were a bit of a challenge when I first started building.

I found these Revell/Monogram number/decals at Race Haven. I bought two sets. Then I saw them at Minigrid too, so I bought 2-more. Then I found one set at Panther Hobbies.

I have since used nothing but these decals. They are tough as nails and I have never clear coated over them. They seem to stand up without any protection. Whether you get them locally, or have to order them from a US supplier. These are amazing and worth trying.

I have also ordered a set from Cincy Slots, USA.

I agree with Ken.   The Revo Mono #sheet seems to be the best of the ones I have tried.

I concur, however they appear to be Unobtanium… :>(   ANy other suggestions welcomed…

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.