• Creator
    Topic

Getting there,  I know, I know, do posts 1st, aesthetics last….well, perhaps a slow learner…..I had an opportunity for a few (rare) hours, so decided I would graphic my Corvair kit. All all old homemade decals(work well on white/silver bodies)Awaiting the chassis setup/motor/gears/wheels etc(KRZ chassis, thanks KRZ!)

Made a little ‘scoop too’

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Beautiful livery choice Porsche911. Looks smart!

Looks great and will be awesome when completed.  I started mine yesterday, set up on the jig and epoxied in the bearings but was so so so tempted to paint it first.

Looks great so far Porsche911! It will make a perfect Trans Am Plus or SCCA/USRRC Sportscar (or SCCA/USRRC Plus) – I can’t recall if it ever raced at Sebring or Daytona in an endurance event – if so then also a 1960’s Endurance Sportscar…

Cheers!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Nice job!

Hi gents, thanks for Kudos! After painstaking research, I determined that the Corvair did also participate in some Endurance racing, 1961 Kyalami, and 66 Daytona and 12HR Marlboro, there may be a few others that I cannot find conclusive evidence, so…..does that mean with FLY/Scaley 18K Motor I could participate in both Endurance Sportscar and SCCA/USRRC Plus?? Haven’t put in Motor yet but was only initially considering slow Motor SCCA/USRRC Sportscar. Happy either way, but would be nice to utilize in both. Opinions welcomed.

Porsche911,

Thank you very kindly for doing the leg work. It’s going to be the “Year of Corvairs”. I like them so much. I bought a gaggle of them.

Here’s an option…

If you buy a second aluminum chassis for any car. It will be accurate to within a few thousands of an inch to the first. You can change the chassis/motor/class with two screws. Two chassis for one body type thing. Slow and Plus+.

Just a thought.

Ken

Hi Ken, yes I did think of your suggestion, however, it would be applicable to too many cars that I have, and we know this hobby has NO Addictive properties added… :>)

Realized I omitted 1 link to racing provenance.

https://www.racingsportscars.com/type/results/Chevrolet/Corvair.html

FINALLY finished (well still have to complete exhaust), LOTS of fiddling trying to get ‘flat tray’ interior to accommodate S-can,  and though I didn’t want to SLAM to a low rider, wouldn’t have minded a wee bit less height overall… Initial shakedown is OK, won’t be a winner, home made roll bar likely weighs too much too, but looks DAMN good scooting around… 10X24 gearing on KRZ makes it smooth, perhaps get another, make into SCCA/USRRC Plus, will see after I finish the umpteen other(or at least a few) of other kits/chassis I have on the go…  

Apologies for duplicity….added update to post last night, but it didn’t ‘take’, waited 20 minutes, came back/refreshed, nada, so added again, just now, VOILA! Hmmmm, tried to get rid of ‘1st’ update but won’t allow me to edit… :>( Any, now to try and improve/break in.

Drew,

Sharp looking car! It looks lovely in white.

Thanks Ken! Wish I had another now :>( as I’d like to try a slimcan version….

Thanks for sharing Porsche911!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 11 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.