• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Art was kind enough to accept the challenge to create a new HO track on a 3′ foot by 7′ foot base. It’s a very cool layout.

It’s made of 3/8″ inch MDF. The copper tape was custom spaced for HO cars. Variable power supply 0-30 volts – 10 amps. Track-Mate driver stations so Professor Motor 1/32 controllers can be used.

Braids need to be installed on every car. The Thunderjet guide pins need to be sleeved to increase the diameter.

I have mostly silicone HO tires, so this is a dedicated silicone track.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

A few more pics. The track also accepts 1/43 cars (very tight, but hilarious). Thank you very kindly for looking.

Enjoy your new track, what’s next – a drag Strip?

Gary

Sweeeet layout, bet it’s a hoot! Gary, don’t be giving Ken ANY MORE IDEAS!! :>)

Thank you very kindly, gentlemen.

I have to thank Art for accepting the challenge. It’s possible that I may have him hooked on HO scale now. Oops.

Gary. Who told you? Yes, a drag strip is up next. I’ve already had a test drag strip in my basement. It’s awaiting a rebuild. Unlimited HO cars go over 70mph in just 15-feet. Not scale speed. Like real 1:1 70mph.

Awesome!

Nice looking track! I look forward to trying it out some time.

F1Nutz. You’re more than welcome anytime. Just bring your regular 1/32 controller. I have cars.

Uh oh. What do we have here? Looks like a 1/43, 289 Cobra with photo etched parts. That’s 15mm square aluminum tubing from Amazon. 3/4″ inch aluminum was too wide. The motor is an FF030. The Cobra should fit this new track quite well.

Thank you very kindly for looking.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.