• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic

OMG …. I have to applaud, maybe even give a standing ovation, to Scaley for the new Ford DP, now in stores in the Ganassi livery.

As much as I liked the 1:1 cars, I wasn’t intending to buy one in 1:32. But when picking up my Javelin at Mini Grid, I stared a little too long at the DP and picked it up too. The rear wheel detail was what did it!

But boy am I glad I did. Not only does the car look great, but it runs great too!

Out of the box, and only with a set of Super Tire 1404’s mounted on the rear wheels which are now the standard size, the car was awesome. With the magnet, and weighing in at a remarkably light 109 grams of downforce, the car whipped around MG’s Scaley track like it was on rails and got down into the 6.8’s. That’s an unheard of time for a stock Scaley.

With the magnet out, and no weight added, it handled beautifully and ran easy 8.1’s, with a few laps in the 8.0’s and one in the high 7.9’s. That’s almost stock Slot.it Group C territory! With a Slot.it orange motor in I can only imagine how good it will be. This car should easily run with the Racer DP’s with perhaps only a motor change. Who knows what motor, weight, and Slot.it running gear will do to it! (I like the rear wheels so much though I’d try to leave them!)

Part of the performance has to do with weight. The car only weighs 75 grams!

One area of possible concern; when I took the magnet out it looks like it might be advisable to do some chassis stiffening around that area.

But overall, I am might impressed. Well done!

One question though … the motor has a green end bell. Does anyone know if that’s a different rpm from previous motors, or just a new colour end bell with the same innards?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Great looking car!

I’m hoping someone does a Corvette soon…….

Speaking of Corvette, nice run at Sebring this weekend in the #3 car boys. :yahoo:

To answer your question, I’m seeing the new Green Endbell Scaley Motor rated at 21,500 RPM but testing results appear to be on par with their older motors according to HRW.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.