• Creator
    Topic

A Speedy 6 descended on Spa, 1st event in a long time, and Brian J’s inaugural pilgrimage to the Holy land of Milton.. :>) An interesting escalation of decades and speeds were the selected program for the day. Though Valentines Day was days away, no Love lost on the circuit! 1st up was Hot Rods, Brillcream, Beachboys, and the acrid smell of Burnouts filled the air…

Fred’s Tudor was tu fast for the rest of the fleet, though the Greektown Garage 49 was a Souvlaki away from taking the top spot, followed by the Rat Finked 32 for the podium. The Chicken flew the coop, and had it not been Super Bowl weekend, “1.45 Billion Chicken Wings consumed”, it may have been in flight!

Next on the dance card was 60’s Sportscars, no rolled up shirtsleeves with Marlboros for these pilots at the wheel of these ‘Fine Foreign Fenders’, their girlfriends riding Vespa’s side saddle, pondering if “Henri” will be there for Diner, as per Sir Jackie, “a time when Sex was safe, and Motor racing dangerous(I love that!) :>) A scant 1.4 seconds separated the podium, with Sir Jackie, errr Sir Kenneth of Scarborough(sounds quite regal) taking the top spot, and the kiss of course!

Now up a decade, Classic Lemans but ‘hot motored’… But 1st a sidebar…”Karate Kris”, whilst Marshalling, displayed his finely honed “Oi-zuki” (lunge punch), perhaps he and Gary have the same Sensei… :>) But all fine, nowhere near the carnage of 55 Lemans, or for that matter, Jimbo’s Surgical slicing…but I digress… Sir Surtees prevailed, with some very fine fine duels, and the bespoke 917 showed some promise(now back to the Skunkwerks!) 

Fast forward 30+ years, and now the Pilots of yesteryear are hopefully watching, wondering what THEY could have done with such technological marvels! Modern LMP, have at it! Hmmm, looks like I have to add pics later…stay tuned

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

As promised, too fast’n furious for my liking, but the Lyons Garage performed well on the home turf, Santé!!

Until we race again, stay well!

Porsche911,

Thank you very kindly for hosting a fun day of racing! It was a blast.

Ken

Nice report Porsche 911.  I’m relieved that some one else can deliver a punch to your scenery besides myself.

Gary “The Slasher”

it  was a fun event – thanks for hosting. and posting the photos.

very good to have 6 racers participating.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.