• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

This pre-painted and fully assembled static model came from a Group25 flea market. It was a quick test to see how these large cars would run at Nova Ridge.

It was quickly turned into a slot car test bed. My humble apologies. The paint is ugly. But it passed the test.

With the slot car test a complete success. It was time to freshen up the body. Off with the old paint.

A full interior made of paper is next.

Thanks for looking.

Ken

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Killer Ken!!! :>) HTF do you get the chrome detail/lettering on the lettering/insignias?? Need to commission you! :>) Amazing(as expected)

Hi Drew,

Thank you. You are very kind.

When I got my first Molotow pen. I remember everyone warning me that the ink pools into cracks and crevices. So I tried holding the work upside down. It’s truly a pain in the neck. But the ink can’t pool up. Only down to the high spots on the lettering.

I lean both wrists on the bench. I also lean a finger with the pen on the body to keep it steady. I then lightly dot the tops of the lettering slowly moving from letter to letter. In my experience. Stroking the letters or emblems with a Molotow pen is bad juju.

Commission? 2 or 3%? 😉

Might be a pain, but the result is spectacular!

I humbly thank you, MIA. You have the nicest looking car in the field so far. The first one with an interior.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.