Forums Slot Car Paddock Slot Car Resources Workbench Essentials Essential Tire Adhesive

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by KenKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

This new Gorilla Clear adhesive is what we’ve been waiting for to glue our urethane tires! With no expansion, no mess, and no tan ooze this is the perfect tire adhesive.

Reasonably priced and available at most big box retailers this should be an easy addition/replacement to everyone’s toolbox. Please note that the manufacturer suggests you keep this product IN LIGHT to prevent yellowing over time. If you use it as much as I plan to do then it won’t have time to yellow but nevertheless that is the manufacturer’s suggestion.

I’ve used Gorilla Clear on many sets of tires and find that it is much easier to use than the original formula but it does need longer to cure – I would wait at least overnight (or in a perfect world) 24 hours.

As they would tell Mikey – ‘try it – you’ll like it’.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      KenKen

Thanks for the information Art!

It’s very useful. Why? Because I just bought a Hudy truer. Newbies playing with new toys can be a dangerous thing. I meant for the tires of course.

Oliver from Professor Motor told me when you see aluminum? you’ve taken off too much tire! He says hello to the group. He also said the concrete patchwork at MVL looks amazing!

Cheers,

Ken

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Slot Car Paddock Slot Car Resources Workbench Essentials Essential Tire Adhesive