Forums Slot Car Paddock Slot Car Resources Historical 1:1 Interesting 60’s automotive culture video

• Creator
    Topic

Hello all, I hope this message finds you and family healthy and safe!! This 50 minute 60’s video is pretty cool,narrated by Lloyd Bridges(above water), and though is shown as “Ken Miles Cobra testing”, that segment is limited, though at about the 6:30 mark, he is seen testing something with his son, that is near and dear to our hearts. :>) It’s more a reflection of Automotive culture, from Kart racing, Road racing, Drags, Land speed pursuit etc, and some cameo appearances; ‘Fabian’, Ed Roth, Chuck Barris…I found it a nice distraction to 24/7 ALL COvid, all the time…

Hope you enjoy, stay well!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      KenKen

Thanks for posting this Porsche911.

At first I saw the quality of the picture and my interest started to drop. Then the music started to float up and down like someone was leaning on the audio tape player. My interest dropped even further. Then you see a hilltop with a car driving down it. The only reason to keep watching now is to see what type of car Lloyd is driving… What?!? Where the heck did he get the real Silhouette? The Hot Wheels car designed and built by Bill Cushenbery that sold off the charts!

The purple Silhouette is a real Redlines from first release of Hot Wheels cars. The green one is a 25th anniversary re-release.

I had to watch it now. I was hooked. I laughed like crazy when they talked about that crazy new invention called a “skateboard”. :yahoo:

:yahoo: Yes, beginning was wee bit cheesy, but…I knew the Silhouette would certainly get your attention, back in the day I had 1 (Hot Wheels too!)

Seeing Mr.Miles race slotcars with his boy was cool, and there was lots of other interesting footage, Big Daddy and his Surf ite..Mr.Barris, and the Salt flats too. I nice trip down the Nostalgia highway…

I used to have a model of the Silhouette with the trailer but sold it at the show a few years ago.

I also had the pedal car from the start of the film when I was a kid but destroyed it James Bond style pushing it off a cliff in our backyard ;^)

Some great footage in there for sure.

Hope all are well.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Slot Car Paddock Slot Car Resources Historical 1:1 Interesting 60’s automotive culture video