• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by KenKen.
  • Creator
    Topic
    KenKen

Whether for working on a car. Or taking photos after. You can’t paint the details if you can’t see the details. Lights are an important part of my workbench. Specially as I get umm… older. :whistle:

I have been using the same cheap $59 camera since my first 1949 blue Tudor. It looks like the pics were taken in a dark dungeon.

Then I found out that I needed more lights just to do the work. That inadvertently provided more light for photos… The same $59 camera was now taking way better pictures. What just happened??

Ambient light below.

With better direct and reflective lighting below. Same camera, distance, and setting.

The bench in ambient room lighting below.

The lights turned on for photos almost cancel the ambient lights from the room below. If you watch photographers. They always pay extra attention to lighting.

Camera’s usually prefer bright lights. The detailed and crisp photo of the Lotus was with all three lights on, at close range/macro setting.

Here’s the $59 camera that took all the shots so far. This one was taken with an iphone.

Thanks for looking.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        KenKen

I forgot to add. When taking photos. I try and make the background white to cut down on total pixels used.

Best of luck, and thank you for posting your builds!

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.