• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Gents,

Now that the worst of covid is behind us and we get back into full blown racing I thought it best to start off slow with something that might be useful for almost everyone. Most of the models we scratch build use wheels that require inserts so it makes sense to start with something so common. And the techniques used to paint and weather inserts can be used for many other parts of a build too.

Wheel inserts are usually the last part of any build to be completed. Often they are just given a single splash of paint and then installed as is. But you can use them to help make your model really pop – and should – since it is so easy to do!

Here I will do my best to show everyone how I prepare, paint, weather & install inserts. As with most aspects of our hobby there is no right or wrong way. Furthermore, you may have some very helpful tips and tricks to add to our workshop, so please do!

During this workshop we’ll work on any inserts that are purchased so if you need inserts for a current project you’ll get them finished and ready to go! If you bring your wheels I’ll show you how I would install them too! NOTE: If a set of inserts need a shot of Tamiya or Chrome please let me know in advance so that I can prime and spray them the night before so that they are already dry for us to work on.

Make sure to RSVP your spot in the calendar because space is limited.

Thanks for browsing!!!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies

Please count me in. Thanks. 🙂

Art,

It was a cool and interesting workshop. Thank you very kindly.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.