• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by KenKen.
  • Creator
    Topic
    KenKen

I bought some Flex-I-File brushes at one of the model shows and never really understood how to use them. So they stayed in my drawer.

I prefer to glue things like windshields in place with epoxy. But the risk of a glue-string is always there when using toothpicks. Sometimes you can wipe away the string with a cotton swab (Q-Tip). But the best way is to avoid it altogether.

I was somewhat challenged with the Gunze Sangyo kits in that the windshield fits perfectly, but with very little over-lap. Any excess glue would easily show up through the windshield.

I bought a variety pack of nano brushes to experiment with. It came with 3-sizes. Small (red), medium (yellow) and large (teal) plus a regular style paint brush (blue).

The nano brush is a small puff-ball on the end of a plastic stick that holds a small dot of epoxy. It deposits the glue with amazing precision. Then with a small twist, leaves no strings. It also comes with a re-usable handle.

I was able to paint several dots of epoxy at the base of the windshield without any glue contamination. The “rag-top” kits have a weak point. The windshield frame is very sensitive to breaking. It’s best to get windshield in the car as soon as possible to protect the frame. I breathed a sigh of relief when this windshield was finally in.

Here’s the link. They are available in many hobby shops.

https://www.flex-i-file.com/magic-nano-brushes.php

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.