Forums Slot Car Paddock Slot Car Resources How To – Paint It Testors “One Coat” discontinued

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by KenKen.
  • Creator
    Topic
    KenKen

Testors “One Coat” spray paints are different from Tamiya in that the metallic is much larger and more of a “metal flake”. It’s also very hard to get a nice shine from any of the Testors metallic colours without adding clear-coat. So Testors discontinued their “One Coat”.

The new Testors paint markets under the name Model Master. Everything they make presently is considered 2-stage base and clear-coat. I guess they stopped trying to mix the two together because it wasn’t working very well.

If you happen to have an old can of Testors “one Coat”. Use it wisely (59 Eldorado :good: ). Also… Use it quickly because these old paint cans have a tendancy to erode from the inside of the can and leak. Part of my paint shelf is a nice shade of metallic red. Since the leak, I have decided to store all the Testors cans in an enclosed plastic storage container.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Slot Car Paddock Slot Car Resources How To – Paint It Testors “One Coat” discontinued