• Creator
    Topic

Not sure where to put this as there does not seem to be an ‘Upcoming Events’ Forum, so ‘here’ it is.

Looks like another great event coming up soon, the ’70/’71 Targa Florio!! Authentic livery specific!!

An era when some of my favourite cars (Alfa’s and Porsche’s, big surprise there) and drivers (Vic Elford, Jo Siffert, Brian Redman, Masten Gregory, Pedro Rodriguez, Jo Bonnier, Mike Parkes, ….. ) were dominating. (Not showing my age am I??)

To that end, so far I’ve one of each, the #20 Porsche 908/3 driven by Elford/Herrmann (what a great livery for that car)

and the #2 Alfa T33/3 driven by Adamich/Lennep to a 2nd place in 1971. (Red, but what else for a factory Alfa)

The Porsche is a basically stock Fly with gear and tires, very nice to drive but a bit limited by it’s motor! The Alfa is a great car -GLH- and if Mr. 2.4 doesn’t have an appropriate car perhaps he will race it for me!!??

See you all there.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Favourites…

TRIBUNE CERDA 2004

Enjoy! :good:

Hover your cursor on the photo, arrow to the right, advance, Magnifico!

Great collection of photos!! When Alfa ruled the roost!!  🙂

The intent of the Targa race is two-fold:
            -to have raced liveries (not just models) participate, no duplicates; and
            -to include as many racers as can make it out to race;
            In the future I would like to include slower classes but that is clearly too ambitious right now…
            -so for the time being and as previously stated we will limit the classes to P and S (lower displacements allowed in both)… since some are having difficulty sourcing eligible cars we will allow any livery (and obviously model) that practiced or even registered for the race but did not start. The catch however is that anyone running a car that didn’t start the race must provide some sort of satisfactory evidence that the livery was practiced or at least registered. The intent after all is to have a representative field of cars that did race – I’ll leave it to each of you to use your own judgement to determine how far you wish to push the envelope…

Rules are simple:
            -must be a ‘raced’ livery/model from either the 1970 or 1971 Targa Florio but for the exceptions noted above;

-any motor;

-any configuration;

-any plastic/resin body;

-any chassis (custom or commercially available);

-only 15” scale (14mm) wheels at rear; and

-stock (untreated, not cracked or shiny) or club urethane front tires, club urethane rear tires.

Questions?

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

My entry for the 2016 Targa race:

:good:

Not much interest in the Targa at this point so it looks like we will postpone it to a time in the new year…

:negative:

For your convenience, Porsche911 AKA “The Red Baron” has compiled a list of ’70/’71 Targa entrants. I have converted the list and posted below. You can wade through them to see if your car is eligible. Hopefully these charts are legible. One 1970 car to note is the Porsche 909 which practiced with Herrmann and Elford (T1 under practiced). It was a hill climb car, well under a thousand pounds wet, and I think scary as all get out !!@@##**. Goggle it!! :wacko:

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.