• This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

This is the same brand of kit as the T-Bird I just finished. It was such a pleasure to build the T-Bird that I could not wait to start this one.

This is what comes with the kit.

These are the parts being used.

The kit comes with 4-roof options. Hardtop, soft-top, open back seat, or tonneau cover.

F1nutz has the same car in the same colour but his top down. I’m going with the hardtop. This car was painted the same day as the T-Bird (one week ago). The red plastic just didn’t have enough shine. This car won’t require clear-coat. Pastel colours usually don’t.

Time to start putting the car together. It will have a full interior up front and a custom sub-woofer deck in the back to hide the motor. I can’t get away with using the tonneau cover over the rear seats with the hardtop.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

I forgot to say… the main reason to paint the entire car is because the hardtop roof comes in clear plastic. You can see the clear roof in the photos near the top. It’s almost impossible to match the clear roof to the red plastic of the car. You need to paint the entire car and roof or they don’t match. The rear window posts are so narrow that they need to be part of the window and roof for this kit or they would break just looking at them. The car sure has some funky 50’s styling. If you flip the car over in the real thing. Odds are the roof gets flattened. Ouch!

Looks great and is sure to be a very good runner Ken! Can’t wait to see it on the track. :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thank you very kindly for your confidence Art. I hope it runs well.

The rocker panel at the front is 3mm clearance from the track. The rear is 4mm clearance. The styling of the car makes it look lower than it really is.

A pair of 1000-watt subwoofers anyone? Let’s go cruisin’! They will do a good job hiding the motor.

This is another car that has a full interior. I slipped the back seat in just for fun.

However, the motor won’t fit with the back seat.

This kit came with a tonneau cover.

You can also install the soft top pulled up.

My preference is the hard top. I can’t glue the roof on, or steering wheel in until I get a driver. It might be impossible to fit a full driver in after both are installed.

Thanks for looking.

I agree hard top looks better.  That car is awesome Ken.

Thank you very kindly Dave. Much appreciated.

As a kid. These cars were kind of old and fuddy-duddy. If it wasn’t a Camaro or Corvette. I didn’t even notice it. I really like this car now. I must be getting old. :wacko:

Very nice build Ken! Street racing here we come!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thank you very kindly Art. 🙂

I look forward to seeing your street racer. :yahoo:

Hello Everybody, its been awhile since I have posted anything on this site.  I hope everyone is healthy and well.

Congratulations Ken, your Impala build is stunning.

This new class brings back many fond memories of my youth and I’m sure it does for most of the club members as well.  I was in Florida in early March and the Universal resort that I stayed at was designed as a 1960’s vintage hotel and this included a bunch of 1960’s model cars parked in the driveway.  One of my dad’s first cars that he bought in 1967 was a used 1963 Impala, just like the one in this photo that I will try and attach below.

I have tried to load some photos of the 1960’s cars that I am referring to which all fall into the class of Boulevard Cruisers but have had some difficulties doing so.  I may have to try something else and attached them to a following thread.

Welcome back to your old home Jim. :good:

Thank you very kindly for the compliment! These cars were all about style. Not safety. Seat belts were an option at an extra charge.

The “upload error” says the file is too large. Try opening the photo in “paint”. Then click “resize” and reduce the pic by 50% or something. Save, and re-post it please. It should work.

I wasn’t able to upload my photo of the Impala, only the following Boulevard Cruisers.  Enjoy!

thunder 1

station 1

yellow fr

yellow r

thunder 2

The wheel in the bottom left of the photo above was of a hot rod in the movie American Graffiti.

Nice looking cars Jim. Thanks for posting! :good:

Viewing 11 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.