Forums Slot Car Paddock Slot Car Resources Historical 1:1 Canadian GP Mosport – September, 1961

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by MiAMiA.
  • Creator
    Topic
    MiAMiA

From September 1961: Before becoming a Formula one race it was a race for sports racers.

Olivier Gendebien in a Lotus 19. Retired with transmission problems.

Stirling Moss in another Lotus 19. Finished 3rd.

Nice colour?? :wacko:

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

After looking at the first picture I thought about the colour – beaut! Hard to nail down the real colours of those cars without confirmation from a reputable source!!!

Thank you Michael!

:good: :good:  :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

MiAMiA

The slides have been cleaned up a bit and the contrast increased to make them look better on screen. The slide emulsion has faded over 55 years. The colour is correct but it was a bit softer, a wonderful shade affectionately known at the time as ‘puke green’! If anyone is  trying to match colours I would post an unretouched version. The correct hue would be somewhere between the two.

Great shots Michael! Thanks for posting!

Do you remember the location on the track 2nd shot looks like coming on to the main straight?

1st shot ?

MiAMiA

If the slides have faded, imagine how much I’ve lost!!

#1 Is from the inside of the track coming up the hill out of turn two and just setting up for 3.

#2 is again inside of track by the concession stand looking down on the track as you go up from turn 1 and before you start the drop down into turn 2.

I think?? :scratch:

MiAMiA

Peter Ryan,  :yahoo: the eventual winner chasing down an Osca 2000s of Ray Heppenstall, who in 1968 drove a Howmet turbine at Daytona, Sebring, LeMans and The Glen. You can just see Bob Holbert’s retired RS61 in the bottom right corner of the photo!

Viewing 4 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Slot Car Paddock Slot Car Resources Historical 1:1 Canadian GP Mosport – September, 1961